Are you seeking a career in a high-demand field with plenty of opportunity for advancement? In this online program, you'll master all the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in the popular field of human resources. In addition, this program will prepare you to take the PHR, Professional in Human Resources certification exam, with HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute) as the certifying body.
Upon successful completion of the Human Resource Professional program, you will be able to do the following:
- Have a fundamental understanding of the skills and duties necessary for success as a Human Resource Professional
- Contribute in planning a company's strategy
- Handle recruitment and selection processes from interviewing through orientation
- Explain the importance of performance appraisals as well as the different performance appraisal methods used
- Discuss the steps in the training process as well as the different types of training techniques
- Explain the strategic decisions that affect compensation as well as the different job evaluation methods
You will also have an understanding of the following:
- Different benefit programs and legal issues surrounding benefits
- OSHA and employee health and safety
- Human Resource laws and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Regulatory reporting documents, such as the Affirmative Action Plan and the EEO-1 Report
- Human Resource Planning
- Job analysis processes
- Diversity in the workplace and the impact diversity has on organizations
- The role of unions in organizations
- Wrongful discharge and discharges that violate public policy
- Global human resources, global staffing, and international Human Resource functions
- Retention strategies and practices in human resources
- The difference between tangible and intangible rewards
In addition, you will be fully prepared to take the PHR exam, with HRCI as the certifying body.
Note: To take this certification exam, you must have a bachelor's or master's degree in a business-related field or have at least four years of experience in the HR field. See Prerequisites.