Learn the skills you need to become a pharmacy tech in a hospital or retail setting with the Pharmacy Technician Online Certification Training Program. You'll gain the skills and knowledge to qualify for entry-level positions in pharmacies, and you'll be prepared for national certification.
This program pairs you with an instructor for one-on-one assistance. Upon successfully completing your program, you may qualify for a 40 to 100 hour externship. For more information, view the "Details" section.
All materials are included. Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT), offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA). The registration fee for this exam is included* with this program.
Click here for information regarding your state-specific regulations for Pharmacy Technicians.
*As of 2/24/2016, all students enrolling in this program will receive a voucher to take the CPhT exam, except students residing in the following states, as these states do not recognize the ExCPT certification: Arizona, California, Colorado, Louisiana, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Wyoming
Prepares You For...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician CPhT
Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
What You'll Learn...
You will learn to function as an important member of the pharmacy team by providing excellent customer service and distributing medical prescriptions.
Upon completing this program, you will know how to:
- Understand the laws that govern pharmacy, whether federal or state-mandated
- Discuss the HIPAA requirements and their application to the pharmacy
- Interpret physician orders and prescriptions, and prepare and distribute meducations
- Define medical and pharmaceutical terms and common abbreviations
- Understand the pharmacology of medications in relation to the anatomy affected
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations
- Process insurance billing or collect payments