You want a meaningful career that comforts the greater-good. What better place to start than working within the non-profit sector?! In this program you’ll explore both the managerial aspects of working at a non-profit, as well as the process for obtaining funding through writing grant proposals.
What Will I Learn?
In this program, you will learn fundraising techniques, how to supervise volunteers and staff members, as well as the legal constraints and liabilities that non-profits encounter. Along with understanding non-profit management, you’ll learn practical techniques for writing compelling and competitive grant proposals.
In this course, you will learn to understand, deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain:
- Learn how to write a grant proposal
- Know how to tap into non-profit funding sources
- Know the roles and responsibilities of a non-profit board of directors and the management team
- Become knowledgeable on the fundamentals of legal writing
- Develop practical managerial skills, including marketing non-profit, financial management, human resource development, and fund resource development
- Understand licensing, permits, and taxes, and learn the basics of the budgeting process
Possible Careers Include…
- Research Analyst/Program Coordinator
- Grants Administrator: Fund Development, Planning & External Affairs
- Foundation Coordinator
- Grants Account Clerk
- Grants Manager
- Grant Writer