Prior to taking this course, you must be knowledgeable in basic Algebra and Statistics.
To be successful in this course, it is strongly recommended that you complete your Black Belt project at your current place of employment. Black Belt-level process improvement projects require significant real-time data, which is easier to obtain when you are presently employed. Projects must also be based on an actual business and are subject to approval by a Master Black Belt. Examples include:
- Manufacturing Floor – Reduced manufacturing product defects
- Human Resources Department – Reduced recruitment cycle time
- Accounting Department - Reduced accounts payable invoice processing costs
If you are currently unemployed, then you should instead take a Green Belt level certification course.
- Candidates must have worked in a full-time, paid role. Paid intern, co-op, or other coursework cannot be applied to the work experience requirement.
- Three years of on-the-job experience in one or more of the areas of the CSSBB Body of Knowledge & one completed project with a signed affidavit
- OR two completed projects with signed affidavits.