What You'll Learn...
This course will discuss the philosophy of long term care, the settings in which a Social Services Assistant works and the demographics of the people they serve. You will learn the aging process and understand the role and function of this position.
Upon completion of this program you will:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the aging process, including misconceptions, physical changes and psychosocial aspects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Show understanding of the rights of individuals who reside in long-term care facilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the admission and discharge process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of documentation.
- Demonstrate ability in basic performance skills, such as teamwork, communication skills and working with administrative staff and other disciplines.
- Discuss issues involved in the management of internal support staff, budgeting, supplies, and outside resources.
- Show understanding of methods of identifying resident interests and needs and the use of assessment in care plan development.
- Evaluate a care plan for effectiveness.