You should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, be comfortable navigating the Internet and using email, and have an understanding of a word-processing program (such as Word). This course is intended for anyone interested in developing their management skills. You should also be comfortable using a personal computer and be familiar with Windows software.
Certification Eligibility Requirements:
Candidates must meet specific education and administrative office support professional experience, which are:
- No College Degree - 4 years of relevant work experience is required
- Associates Degree - 3 years of relevant work experience is required
- Bachelor's Degree - 2 years of relevant work experience is required
All relevant work experience must have been earned within the last ten years.
Relevant work experience qualifies as office and administrative professionals who engage in some, if not all, of the following:
- Communicate within the organization (both verbal and written)
- Conduct business writing, including proofreading and editing
- Maintain office functions and record keeping
- Plan meetings, events, and arrange travel
- Manage projects
- Engage in or support human relations activities, such as hiring and compliance issues
- Maintain budgets and basic accounting functions
- Manage time and other resources for themselves and others
- Utilize technology, including virtual and mobile, with strong computer and internet research skills
- Coordinate communications between internal staff and/or external clients
Please visit https://www.iaap-hq.org/page/Certification for more detailed information on eligibility.