When enrolling in this course, please take Medical Terminology as the first section, prior to taking Medical Transcription.
You should be proficient in keyboarding. Accuracy is initially most important, but some jobs pay based on production, so speed will become a factor
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (We recommend Firefox or Chrome).
- ExpressScribe software. Download it here: nch.com.au
- Microsoft Word 2013 or later.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
The instructional materials and supplies required for this course are included in enrollment. The following will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Hillcrest Medical Center: Healthcare Documentation & Medical Transcription
- Medical Abbreviations
- The Dictated Word
- Grammar and Punctuation Guide
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions
- AltoEdge USB foot pedal and Transcriber Headphones