- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- ExpressScribe software. You will be provided with download instructions in Lesson 1 of the Medical Transcription course.
- Microsoft Word 2013 or later (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins, except for the ExpressScribe software.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials and supplies required for this course are included in enrollment. The following will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Hillcrest Medical Center: Healthcare Documentation & Medical Transcription
- Medical Abbreviations
- Grammar and Punctuation Guide
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions
- AltoEdge USB foot pedal and Transcriber Headphones