- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred to access the classroom. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible. Internet Explorer is required to access the electronic health record (EHR) software within the course.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Windows Media Player or a similar program.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Administrative Medical Assisting
- The Paperless Medical Office: Using Harris CareTracker
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions, 6th Edition
Note: Access to the electronic health record (EHR) software within the course is only accessible using Internet Explorer.