What You'll Learn…
In this program you will learn the essential skills for managing the business aspects of a veterinary practice and becoming a veterinary assistant and how to manage a veterinary office, including understanding Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks.
Upon completion of this program you will:
- Understand the duties of the veterinary assistant.
- Learn the anatomy and physiology of the major organ systems.
- Master office communication skills and see how to handle medical records.
- Learn how to determine age and gender of animals.
- Find out how to restrain animals seen at the hospital.
- Discover how to take vital signs such as temperature, pulse, and respiration rate.
- Learn how to trim nails, empty anal sacs, and properly bathe animals.
- Identify the hazards you'll face in a veterinary hospital from anesthetics, infections, and X-rays,
- Explore the reproductive cycles, diseases, and sterility procedures in cats and dogs.
- Find out how vaccines work, when to give them, and how to administer them.
- Learn the basics of feline and canine nutrition, including prescription foods.
- Create, edit, format, and print Microsoft Word documents
- Learn advanced formatting, drawing tools, create and manage tables, and work with column layouts
- Learn working with tables of contents, footnotes, and endnotes, adding comments, tracking changes, comparing and combining documents, creating envelopes and labels, using Mail Merge, and protecting documents.
- Create, modify, and format Excel worksheets, perform calculations, and print Excel workbooks.
- Learn to use advanced Excel formulas, work with lists, work with illustrations and charts, and use advanced formatting techniques.
- Learn to work with pivot tables, audit worksheets, work with data tools, protect documents for collaboration with others, and work with macros.
- Know bookkeeping and collection procedures
- Understand basic bookkeeping and accounting concepts
- Gain familiarity with closing the books and generating basic financial statements
- Handle and account for cash, accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Account for inventory
- Account for fixed assets and depreciation
- Utilize purchase and sales orders
- Understand how to set up a new company file in QuickBooks and learn the basic features and functionality of QuickBooks
- Locate and create a variety of reports to analyze company performance in QuickBooks
- Set up, save, import and secure QuickBooks files