What students will learn
- Develop basic practical and managerial skills
- Learn about how taxes affect a business, whether it's a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation
- Understand the process of negotiating, evaluate negotiation styles, and consider successful negotiation strategies for most environments
- Know the seven management disciplines essential to business success
- Identify various laws and regulations that affect employers in their payroll operations
- Explain the use of the forms required to withhold, deposit, and report federal income taxes
- Understand the payroll process and supporting systems and administration
- Correctly apply payroll policies and procedures of a payroll department
- Be able to process a payroll from start to finish (payroll project)
How students will benefit
- Be prepared to pass the FPC exam, and become certified in the fundamentals of payroll.
- Having a certification in payroll is a desirable attribute that many employers seek in payroll candidates.
- With certification comes additional knowledge and skill that is not often taught in the workplace.
- Be able to search and apply for payroll jobs, with the additional resume skills learned in the course.
- Develop communication skills that will allow you to thrive in a professional environment
- Set yourself apart from competitors by receiving management training