Whether you already work in the medical field or you're transitioning from another career, becoming a CEHRS can open up new job opportunities for you, give you higher earning power, and make you an in-demand professional in a wide variety of healthcare settings. This program will provide everything you need to make it happen!
What Will I Learn?
In this program, you'll learn the ins and outs of electronic health records (EHR) systems, along with the many benefits they offer medical practices. You'll get hands-on practice using real EHR software as you prepare to take the National Healthcareer Association's (NHA) CEHRS certification exam.
In Medical Terminology, you will learn important terminology and study the disorders and medical procedures common to each body system.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will understand:
- Managing patient visits, arranging follow-up care, and issuing prescriptions
- Keeping track of vital information such as patient allergies and medications
- Communicating with patients and reporting public health information
- Interpret terms related to diagnosis and clinical procedures
- Explain the significance and use of medications used for various disorders and treatments
Upon completion of this program, you will be ready to take the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) national certification exams offered by NHA and will receive the study guide materials, access to practice exams, and exam registration fees.
Possible Careers Include…
- Health Information Clerk
- Medical Records Coordinator
- Electronic Medical Records Technician
- Electronic Medical Records Specialist