To be successful in this course, it is strongly recommended that you complete your Black Belt project at your current place of employment. Black Belt-level process improvement projects require significant real-time data, which is easier to obtain when you are presently employed. Projects must also be based on an actual business and are subject to approval by a Master Black Belt. Examples include:
- Manufacturing Floor – Reduced manufacturing product defects
- Human Resources Department – Reduced recruitment cycle time
- Accounting Department - Reduced accounts payable invoice processing costs
If you are currently unemployed, you should instead take a Green Belt level certification course like Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
You must hold a Green Belt to be eligible for the Black Belt certification exam. To enroll in the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification course, you will be required to provide either an approved Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Certification certificate or test out of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course. You can bypass testing out if you present a qualifying Green Belt Certificate, which is:
- Issued by a regionally accredited higher education institution.
- ASQ Issued for a Green Belt course covering Lean and Six Sigma concepts and tools (not only Lean or only Six Sigma).
The qualifying process to submit your Green Belt Certificate:
- The certificate must be scanned and emailed to the student's Student Advisor.
- The certificate will be reviewed to determine its acceptability in place of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certificate.
- If the certificate is not accepted, you will be required to register for the full Lean Six Green Belt Training Certification or test out by passing the Lean Green Belt Exam.