What You'll Learn...
Upon successful completion of the NCCA accredited credentialing exam, you will earn the distinction of a Certiﬁed Personal Trainer (CPT) from NASM. Certiﬁcation is only the beginning. This program will prepare you for successful employment as an NASM Certiﬁed Personal Trainer who is qualiﬁed to work in a health club setting, as an independent ﬁtness professional, or in other settings, such as medical facilities or corporate wellness.
You will also learn about the science of human movement and discover cutting-edge, evidence-based sports performance exercise techniques that can help you train tougher, faster and stronger athletes and weekend warriors in the Performance Enhancement Specialization (PES) program.
Upon successful completion of NASM Certified Personal Trainer + Performance Enhancement online program, you'll know:
- The physical activity guidelines and recommendations as they relate to the Optimum Performance Training (OPT) Model
- The different models of resistance training as well as safe and effective exercise techniques
- The major muscles and their functions
- All aspects of the subjective, objective, and performance assessments as well as movement and postural assessments
- The principles of human movement and flexibility, benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness, the importance of the core, proper exercise technique, progressions and regressions, and general differences in the stages of training for exercises
- The importance of balance, plyometric (reactive), speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) training, as well as safe and effective techniques, and progressions and regressions for these training areas
- Program design using the OPT model, acute training variables, different exercise modalities and how to incorporate them into your programs
- The structure and function of the human body and functions of anatomy and physiology during exercise
- Program design adaptations for individuals with health impairments or physical conditions
- A total-body, integrated training program addressing flexibility, cardiorespiratory, core, balance, resistance, plyometric, speed, agility and quickness training
- How to individualize integrated training programs to keep athletes performing at the highest level
- How to deliver consistent results in rehabilitation, reconditioning, and performance enhancement