I. QuickBooks Basics
- Welcome to QuickBooks: Demonstrate how to set up a QuickBooks company file for a business by creating an Ace Photography QuickBooks company file.
- Working with Company Files: Have a better understanding of how to work with company files in QuickBooks precisely and accurately.
- Securing Your Company Files: Demonstrate how to secure company files in QuickBooks by managing users and data.
II. Bookkeeping Building Blocks
- Bookkeeping Defined: Apply bookkeeping concepts to accounting problems.
- The Journal, the Ledger, and Special Journals: Run QuickBooks reports for the general journal and the general ledger, as well as reports for subsidiary journals.
III. Preparing the Company File
- The Chart of Accounts: Work with the Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks, including adding and changing accounts.
- Company Lists: Administer various company lists in QuickBooks by adding customers and vendor.
IV. Cash and Fixed Asset Transactions
- Bank Accounts and Cash Transactions in QuickBooks: Record bank account transactions in QuickBooks by entering cash account transactions and completing a bank reconciliation.
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation in QuickBooks: Record fixed assets and depreciation in QuickBooks.
V. Understanding Accounts Payable
- Accounts Payable I: Record bills in QuickBooks by entering various accounts payable transactions into the course.
- Accounts Payable II: Produce accounts payable history and reports in QuickBooks.
VI. Reviewing Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Receivable I: Demonstrate the invoice procedure by producing a customer invoice in QuickBooks.
- Accounts Receivable II: By the end of this lesson, you'll be able to manage payments, deposits, and returned checks in QuickBooks.
- Accounts Receivable III: Check for outstanding invoices and bill for the reimbursement of expenses in QuickBooks.
- Batch Invoicing and Creating Letters: Produce batches of invoices and customer letters in QuickBooks.
VII. Managing Inventory Transactions
- Introduction to Inventory and Customer Estimates: Create and revise customer estimates, and you'll practice recording and tracking inventory transactions.
- List Items and Inventory in QuickBooks: Assign classes, add and edit multiple list entries, and track inventory in QuickBooks.
- Ordering and Selling Inventory in QuickBooks: Order and sell inventory by creating sales and purchase orders and receiving inventory.
- Vendor Discounts and Credits and Adjusting Inventory in QuickBooks: Manage vendor discounts and credits and adjust inventory in QuickBooks.
- Tracking Price Levels and Customer Discounts in QuickBooks: Manage price levels and customer discounts in QuickBooks by creating price levels, discounted items, and customer discounts.
- Working with Customer Balances: Learn techniques for working with customer balances in QuickBooks.
VIII. Closing the Books and Reporting in QuickBooks
- Closing the Books and Reporting: How to close the books in QuickBooks and how to run and use important reports.
- Your Career Roadmap: The Job Search and Future Opportunities: How the job market works, and you'll obtain skills to help you navigate it.
- Communication: Learn basic concepts related to effective business communication.