What You'll Learn...
In this program you will learn management of information, communication, medical terminology, critical thinking, and cultural diversity. You will also learn to transcribe physician orders.
Upon completion of this program you will:
- Be introduced to the history of medicine and health unit coordination.
- Learn about the health care team and patient care delivery systems.
- Obtain knowledge in supplies and service management.
- Learn the importance of confidentiality and patient rights and responsibilities.
- Obtain knowledge in transcription of orders, medical terminology, and critical thinking.
- Learn about cultural diversity and ethics along with communication skills.
- Obtain knowledge in promoting a healthy environment and safety issues.
- Learn about the patient record and admission, transfers, and discharge.