What You'll Learn...
In this program you will master the three interpreting techniques – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation. Furthermore, you will learn the transfer of high, regular and low register medical terminology into both languages – Spanish and English.
Intensive online laboratory practice gives you the opportunity to practice what is learned in each lecture.
Upon completion of this program, students will know the following:
- Interpreting techniques – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation
- Medical terminology in both Spanish and English and the corresponding transfer into the opposite language
- Medical terminology divided into the various departments in a hospital.
- Colloquialisms and slangs
- Protocol when interpreting for a Spanish speaking patient
- Code of ethics of the Medical interpreter
- The necessary material to sit in any Spanish Medical Interpreter examination
- Professionalism, accuracy and cross-cultural differences