Whether you are a health or medical professional, a registered dietitian, a fitness professional, or just someone who's concerned about their own health, this online course will teach you about developing individualized nutritional programs. You'll explore topics such as energy and nutrient needs for daily living, with emphasis on particular physical activities, common myths and fallacies concerning diet and athletic performance, and appropriate behavioral modifications and dietary approaches for different ages and populations.
The content in each module is designed to prepare allied health care professionals and registered dietitians to apply their client's health history toward optimal nutritional health and wellbeing. Personal trainers and fitness professionals will learn fundamental nutrition education to use with clients in partnership with registered dietitians. Individuals interested in learning more about nutrition, daily meal planning, wellness strategies, and sport nutrition and performance will discover information to help them achieve their own goals or to support family members in reaching their goals.
The American College of Sports Medicine's Professional Education Committee certifies that "Educational Fitness Solutions" meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from 2019 – December 2022. Providership # 672784.
Continuing Education Credits/Units
This course may qualify for CECs/CEUs/CPEUs for the following organizations. Please contact the course provider to obtain the latest information.
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA)
- Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA)
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- National Strength Professional Association (NSPA)
- National Posture Institute (NPI)