What You'll Learn...
This program provides you a window into the history of long term care. In addition, program participants will study industry regulations, communications, advocacy, ethics, service delivery, and volunteer management.
Upon completion of this program you will:
- Identify the role of the Activity Director in today's long-term care environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of programming options.
- Show awareness of the role of various therapies in activity programming.
- Identify the availability, options and uses for adaptive equipment and interventions.
- Discuss management of resident and community volunteers, including recruitment, training and recognition
- Demonstrate ability to perform needed documentation
- Structure planning for optimal use of environment.
- Establish and facilitate group and individual participation.