The Advanced Coding for the Physician's Office program is not an
entry-level program. This program is designed specifically for students
who have previous coding experience or education, such as the ed2go
Administrative Medical Specialist with Medical Billing and Coding (AMS
w/MBC) or Medical Billing and Coding program.
If you intend on participating in the CSS-P examination, you must meet
ONE of the following requirements:
- By Credential: RHIA®, RHIT®, or CCS® OR
- By Education: Completion of a coding training program that
includes anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology,
medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/advanced
ICD diagnostic/procedural and CPT coding; OR
- By Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related coding
experience directly applying codes; OR
- By Credential with Experience: CCA® plus one (1) year of
coding experience directly applying codes; OR
- Other Coding credential from other certifying organization
plus one (1) year coding experience directly applying codes.
If you intend on participating in the CPC examination, you must meet
one of the following requirements:
- At least two years medical coding experience. (Members with
an apprentice designation are not required to have two years medical
- Maintain current membership with the AAPC.