What You'll Learn...
This course teaches fundamental medical coding skills for risk adjustment coding and prepares you to take AAPC's CRC exam. Students are given access for six months from the date of purchase. The course covers ICD-10-CM coding for all risk adjustment models (HCC, HHS-ACA, CDPS). Assures a broad knowledge in reviewing and assigning the correct diagnosis codes for all risk adjustment models.
Upon completion of this program you will:
• Define different models of risk adjustment (HCC, CDPS, HHS-ACA, Hybrid)
• Understand predictive modeling and its impact on risk adjustment
• Explain risk adjustment impact on financial matters
• Apply official coding guidelines
• Identify elements of the medical record
• Identify documentation deficiencies for diagnosis coding
• Understand the most common conditions in risk adjustment and how to properly code in ICD-10-CM