As an Administrative Dental Assistant, you will perform as a professional dental staff member and work on behalf of the patient as well as the dentist. This exciting Administrative Dental Assistant Online Program can help you gain entrance in the Dental Assistant career path. You will learn about patient care, as well as how to assist with administrative dental duties. Advance and discover career possibilities after acquiring the skills essential for an entry-level administrative dental assistant position.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to perform the following tasks in a Dental office:
- Interact with patients and a dental team
- Obtain health histories and maintain patient records
- Recognize signs and symptoms of illness and disease
- Understand dental terminology
- Schedule patients
- Master recall systems
- Assist the dentist in patient care
- Perform administrative duties in a dental office
- Complete dental insurance claim forms
- Use CDT (current dental terminology) coding
You will build effective communication skills and gain knowledge to assist dentists with administrative duties such as fee collection, banking, and accounts payable. You will also learn about dental insurance.
This course will provide you with comprehensive instruction with DENTRIX. You will receive DENTRIX G4 software that will provide you with sample practice opportunities. You can use this software to engage in activities and tasks that you would perform in an actual practice and use it to demonstrate your skills. Textbooks are also included in the course.
Upon registering, you will receive six (6) months to complete the program.