Learn the skills you need to become a pharmacy tech in a hospital or
retail setting with the Pharmacy Technician Online Certification
Training Program. You'll gain the skills and knowledge to qualify for
entry-level positions in pharmacies, and you'll be prepared for
This program pairs you with an instructor for one-on-one assistance.
Upon successfully completing your program, you may qualify for a 40 to
100-hour externship. For more information, view the "Details" section.
All materials are included in the cost of the program. Upon completion of this program, you will
be prepared to sit for the National Certification Exam which is the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
(PTCE), offered by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). The
registration fee for this exam is also included with the program.
here for information regarding your state-specific regulations for
Prepares You For...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
What You'll Learn...
You will learn to function as an important member of the pharmacy
team by providing excellent customer service and distributing medical
Upon completing this program, you will know how to:
- Understand the laws that govern pharmacy, whether federal or
- Discuss the HIPAA requirements and their application to the
- Interpret physician orders and prescriptions, and prepare and
- Define medical and pharmaceutical terms and common abbreviations
- Understand the pharmacology of medications in relation to the
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations
- Process insurance billing or collect payments
- Communicate successfully with patients and medical professionals