Before registering for the Advanced Coding for the Physician's Office
program, you should have an understanding of CPT Coding (CPT), ICD-10-CM (ICD-10) and HCPCS coding principles. After a brief
review of the basics of coding, the program will cover the following
- ICD-10 diagnostic coding, including subcategories
and supplementary classifications.
- CPT coding: How to use modifiers, specific codes, and
section guidelines, and how to remain up-to-date with CPT coding
- Critical steps for better reimbursement through increased
accuracy and compliance in CPT coding.
- Evaluation & Management (E/M) Code: Simplifying
code selection, plus understanding and applying the Centers for
Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) E & M documentation
- Official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines for
diagnostic coding, including guidelines for outpatient coding and
information on how to identify the special circumstances specified in
- Information on when to use unlisted procedures.
- National and local HCPCS codes and modifiers.