There are no prerequisites to take the online NASM CPT Certified Personal Trainer Certification and Exam Preparation course, but there are prerequisites to complete the NCCA Accredited Certification Exam.
The NCCA Accredited Certification Exam Requirements:
1. Candidate must be at least 18 years old or have a high school diploma or GED
2. Candidate must hold current CPR/AED certification before attempting the exam (not included with program)
The NCCA accredited NASM CPT Personal Trainer Exam is taken at a local testing center (PSI), and you can schedule your exam date after completion of the program.
PES candidates must have:
- A current NASM-CPT certification, or
- A current health and fitness certification accredited by NCCA, NBFE or DETC, or
- REPs Level 3 or higher credential (candidates outside of the US only), or
- 4-year collegiate degree or
- Be a current Licensed or Certified Massage Therapist