While there are no prerequisites to take this course, you must be or test of a Green Belt in order to take the Black Belt certification exam. You must also be employed to complete a Black Belt project, which requires that you focus on processes and gather data at your place of employment.
If you are not employed, we highly recommend taking our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course.
In order to take the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification course, you will be required to provide an approved Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Certification certificate or test out of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program. You can bypass testing out if you present a qualifying Green Belt Certificate which is:
- Issued by a regionally accredited higher education institution.
- ASQ Issued for a Green Belt course that covers both Lean and Six Sigma concepts and tools (not only Lean, or only Six Sigma).
The qualifying process:
- The Certificate must be scanned and emailed to the student's Student Advisor.
- The Certificate will be reviewed to determine if it is acceptable to take the place of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- If the certificate is not acceptable, you will be required to register for the full Lean Six Green Belt Training Certification or test out by completing the Lean Green Belt Exam.