This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems, with the exception of Windows 8 or 8.1. It is not compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1. It is compatible with IE 7 and later browsers, with the exception of IE 11. It is not compatible with IE 11 or Microsoft Edge. Click Here to download Internet Explorer 9. You should have Microsoft Word installed.
The ancillary CDs that accompany the primary textbook are not Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Mac compatible. We strongly recommended that students only use PCs for this program.
This program is not Mac compatible.
ed2go provides each student with digital transcription equipment, which includes a headset, a foot pedal, and digital transcription software (available via download through the license distributed upon registration). The system requirements for the transcription equipment are:
- Microsoft Word (any version)
- Sound card or integrated sound support
- 32 MB RAM
- 25 MB hard-disk space (additional space required to store voice fields)
- Double-speed CD-ROM drive
- Available USB Port
- Internet access—a high-speed connection is recommended
- Active e-mail account
- Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader (available via free Internet download)
ed2go also provides the required textbooks for this program. The following textbooks are included:
- Hillcrest Beginning Medical Transcription (with audio)
- Medical Abbreviations
- The Dictated Word
- Grammar and Punctuation Guide
- Stedman’s Medical Dictionary, 28th ed
ed2go recommends, but does not require, that students purchase the following reference book for their own professional use. This book is not required for the program but will be a helpful reference for any professional in this field.
The Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd edition (AHDI)