What You'll Learn...
Upon successful completion of the NCCA accredited credentialing exam, you will earn the distinction of a Certiﬁed Personal Trainer (CPT) from NASM. Certiﬁcation is only the beginning. This program will prepare you for successful employment as an NASM Certiﬁed Personal Trainer who is qualiﬁed to work in a health club setting, as an independent ﬁtness professional, or in other settings, such as medical facilities or corporate wellness.
You will also learn you will learn the CORRECTIVE EXERCISE CONTINUUM - The NASM-exclusive process to correct movement dysfunction through the use of inhibitory, lengthening, activation and integration techniques.
Upon successful completion of NASM Certified Personal Trainer + Performance Enhancement online program, you'll know:
- The physical activity guidelines and recommendations as they relate to the Optimum Performance Training (OPT) Model
- The different models of resistance training as well as safe and effective exercise techniques
- The major muscles and their functions
- All aspects of the subjective, objective, and performance assessments as well as movement and postural assessments
- The principles of human movement and flexibility, benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness, the importance of the core, proper exercise technique, progressions and regressions, and general differences in the stages of training for exercises
- The importance of balance, plyometric (reactive), speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) training, as well as safe and effective techniques, and progressions and regressions for these training areas
- Program design using the OPT model, acute training variables, different exercise modalities and how to incorporate them into your programs
- NASM’s innovative and exclusive corrective exercise continuum and the opportunity to earn the NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) Advanced Specialization
- Movement assessments, inhibitory techniques, muscle activation techniques, and common musculoskeletal impairments
- How to help prevent injuries and get clients back on track and living healthy, productive lives
- The preferred injury prevention and recovery credential of collegiate and professional sports teams