This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later operating systems.
- Mac: OS 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Office or equivalent (not included in enrollment).
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment into each course:
Certified Technical Writer
- Technical Communication: A Reader-Centered Approach, by Paul V. Anderson
- Technical Writing for Success, by Darlene Smith-Worthington and Sue Jefferson
- Technical Communication Today, by Richard Johnson-Sheehan (digital)
- Managing by the Numbers: A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and using your Company's Financials
- Strategic Planning: A Pragmatic Guide