What You'll Learn...
In this program you will master the three interpreting techniques – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation. Furthermore, you will learn the transfer of high, regular and low register terminology into both languages – Spanish and English.
Intensive online laboratory practice gives you the opportunity to practice what is learned in each lecture.
Upon completion of this program, students will know the following:
- Interpreting techniques – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation
- Criminal and civil terminology in both Spanish and English and the corresponding transfer into the opposite language
- Drug, firearm, fingerprint and gang terminology
- Colloquialisms and slangs
- Juvenile Court terminology
- Children’s Court terminology
- The necessary material to sit in a State Spanish Court Interpreter examination
- Courtroom protocol
- Ethics of the Court interpreter