To be successful in this course, it is strongly recommended that you complete your Black Belt project at your current place of employment. Black Belt-level process improvement projects require significant real-time data, which is easier to obtain when you are presently employed. Projects must also be based on an actual business and are subject to approval by a Master Black Belt. Examples include:
- Manufacturing Floor – Reduced manufacturing product defects
- Human Resources Department – Reduced recruitment cycle time
- Accounting Department - Reduced accounts payable invoice processing costs
If you are currently unemployed, then you should instead take a Green Belt level certification course like Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
You must be a Green Belt to take the Black Belt certification exam. In order to take the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification course, you will be required to provide an approved Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Certification certificate or test out of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course. You can bypass testing out if you present a qualifying Green Belt Certificate which is:
- Issued by a regionally accredited higher education institution.
- ASQ Issued for a Green Belt course that covers both Lean and Six Sigma concepts and tools (not only Lean, or only Six Sigma).
The qualifying process for your Green Belt Certificate:
- The Certificate must be scanned and emailed to the student's Student Advisor.
- The Certificate will be reviewed to determine if it is acceptable to take the place of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- If the certificate is not acceptable, you will be required to register for the full Lean Six Green Belt Training Certification or test out by completing the Lean Green Belt Exam.